Waterfowl Processing Operation Permit
General Info - Statewide Permit
A permit to conduct a waterfowl processing or picking operation in the State of Maryland. A Waterfowl Processing Operation may not receive or have in custody any wild waterfowl that is not properly tagged as required by state and federal laws and regulations.
Obtaining the Permit
Ready to get your permit? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
A licensee shall allow any Natural Resources Police officer or any law enforcement officer to enter and inspect the premises where the operation is conducted and to inspect records.
Maintaining Your Permit
Renewal and maintenance -
Maintaining your Permit (aka Related forms/requirements to maintain Permit/stay in good standing)
A waterfowl processing operation shall keep on forms provided by the Department a record of:
- The number of each species of wild waterfowl processed, received by, or in the custody of the operation.
- The location (county and state) where each wild waterfowl received by the operation was taken.
- The date each wild waterfowl was received by the operation.
- The name and address of the person from whom each wild waterfowl was received.
- The date each wild waterfowl was disposed of by the operation.
- The name and address of the person to whom each wild waterfowl was delivered.
The licensee shall submit a copy of these records to the Department annually, prior to the March 1 immediately following the date of the issuance of the license.
Permit Issuer - Information
Tel: (410) 260-8540