Driver Improvement Program Provider Agreement Classroom and Internet
General Info - Statewide Registration
Any individual or entity wishing to become a provider of a Maryland-approved Driver Improvement Program must have a signed agreement with the MDOT/MVA. The Provider employ instructors approved to teach the program by MDOT/MVA.
Obtaining the Registration
Ready to get your registration? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
Complete an application packet, which can be obtained by contacting the Motor Vehicle Administration's Driver Instructional Services Division (DISD).
In addition to the completed application materials, the MVA requires the following:
- Contractual Agreement
- Organization hierarchy chart
- Certificate of good standing from the Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation
- MVA FTP Remote Access Request form
- MVA Security Advisory form
- Driver Privacy Protection Policy
- Fire Safety Inspection and Zoning approval for the Provider's business office(s) and classroom(s)
- Application fees
What laws and regulations give Maryland Department of Transportation the legal authority to issue this approval?
Section 11.12.09 of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR)