Clerks of the Circuit Court Business Licenses
General Info - Statewide License
The License Department at the Circuit Court for Howard County issues State of Maryland Business Licenses for businesses located in Howard County.
Obtaining the License
Ready to get your license? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
Applicants must register with the Central Registration Division of the Comptroller's Office before applying for a business license.
After registering with the Central Registration Division, applicants must apply for their license at the Office of the Clerk, License Department.
Applicants will need to provide the following:
- Entity or sole proprietorship SDAT account number (as issued by the Assessments Office
- Full name of entity or individual name (if sole proprietors)
- Registered trade name (if applicable)
- Federal tax ID number (for entities) or social security number (for sole proprietors)
- Sales and use tax account number
- Location address and mailing address (if different from location)
- Telephone number
- Worker's compensation number (insurance binder number) if applicant has employees
- For a trader's license only, the amount of inventory in dollars
Apply for the License
Ready to apply?
Online ApplicationApply Now
License Issuer - Information
Tel: (410) 313-5850