Child Care Scholarship Program
General Info - Statewide Registration
The Child Care Scholarship (CCS) (formerly known as Child Care Subsidy) Program provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible working families in Maryland. The program is managed through a centralized vendor -- Child Care Subsidy Central (CCS Central).
Families take the scholarship to a child care provider that participates in the Maryland EXCELS program. The scholarship is a signed agreement between the State, provider and parent. The scholarship is returned to CCS Central for processing. The family is responsible for paying the State assigned co-payment directly to their child care provider. Once the child begins care, the child care provider submits an invoice for payments and is then reimbursed for the scholarship portion of the payment by the State.
Families in the following income categories may be eligible for a Child Care Scholarship: (Updated August 1, 2018):
|Family Size||Maximum Annual Income|
|Family of 2||$48,637|
|Family of 3||$60,081|
|Family of 4||$71,525|
|Family of 5||$82,969|
|Family of 6||$94,413|
|Family of 7||$96,558|
|Family of 8||$98,704|
|Family of 9||$100,850|
|Family of 10||$102,996|
Visit http://money4childcare.com for more information.
Average completion time
Obtaining the Registration
Ready to get your registration? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
To apply, a family must submit the following to CCS Central:
- The Child Care Scholarship (CCS) application (PDF)
- Verification of work/training activity and income
To complete the application you MUST send in the information listed for all household members. This includes you, and your spouse or your child’s other parent living in your household.
- Most recent four (4) weeks of consecutive pay stubs
- Proof of identity (i.e. driver’s license, birth certificate, government-issued identification, etc.)
- Proof of approved activity (i.e. work, school, or job training)
- Proof of all other income
- Proof of child support cooperation or payment
- Proof of address (i.e. utility bill, lease, etc.)
Apply for the MSDE Child Care Scholarship Program
Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
Download the application .PDF file