Airport Zoning Permit Details
Airport Zoning Permit
General Info - Statewide Permit
This permit, as issued by the Maryland Department of Transportation, is for projects within an Airport Noise Zone and/or Airport Zoning District (4-mile radius of BWI Marshall Airport or 3.3-mile radius of Martin State Airport).
Obtaining the Permit
Ready to get your permit? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
Applicant submits a completed AZP application to the Maryland Aviation Administration, which must include:
- Exact location of the property, including address and zip code;
- Intended use, including planned structures and associated construction equipment;
- Height of proposed structures and associated construction equipment;
- Dimensions of all proposed structures;
- Printed name, address, telephone, and email address/fax number of applicant or point of contact;
- Printed name, address, and telephone of the property owner.
The following documents should accompany each application:
- A map depicting the project location in relationship to the Airport;
- A project site plan displaying the property boundaries, location of proposed structure(s)/crane(s) property elevation above mean sea level, and latitude/longitude;
- Stormwater management plans and a stormwater management report for existing and/or proposed ponds (as necessary).
Apply for the Permit
Complete the form
Permit Issuer - Information
Who issues the permit?
Tel: (410) 859-7089 / Fax: (410) 859-7082
Why the Permit is required?
Airspace zoning within designated areas.
What laws and regulations give Maryland Department of Transportation the legal authority to issue this approval?