Airport Zoning Permit
General Info - Statewide Permit
This permit, as issued by the Maryland Department of Transportation, is for projects within an Airport Noise Zone and/or Airport Zoning District (4-mile radius of BWI Marshall Airport or 3.3-mile radius of Martin State Airport).
Obtaining the Permit
Ready to get your permit? - Steps, Requirements, and Documents
Applicant submits a completed AZP application to the Maryland Aviation Administration, which must include:
- Exact location of the property, including address and zip code;
- Intended use, including planned structures and associated construction equipment;
- Height of proposed structures and associated construction equipment;
- Dimensions of all proposed structures;
- Printed name, address, telephone, and email address/fax number of applicant or point of contact;
- Printed name, address, and telephone of the property owner.
The following documents should accompany each application:
- A map depicting the project location in relationship to the Airport;
- A project site plan displaying the property boundaries, location of proposed structure(s)/crane(s) property elevation above mean sea level, and latitude/longitude;
- Stormwater management plans and a stormwater management report for existing and/or proposed ponds (as necessary).
Apply for the Permit
Ready to apply?
Online ApplicationApply Now
Why the Permit is required?
Airspace zoning within designated areas.
What laws and regulations give Maryland Department of Transportation the legal authority to issue this approval?