The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund Application
The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF) is a tuition assistance program for child care providers to obtain a college education at participating colleges/universities in Maryland.
PLEASE NOTE: You should use a personal email for this application. Do not use a college/university-issued email address. If you lose access to your email, there will not be a way to recover your application and you will need to submit a new form to MSDE.
Funding is available for child care providers to earn a college degree in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Child Development
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
The fund does not reimburse participants as the payments are made directly to the college or university. MSDE will notify applicants of whether or not they have received fund approval.
CCCPDF applicants must meet the following requirements to receive funds (COMAR 13A.14.09):
- Participate in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program at Level Two or higher
- Work in a licensed child care center or be a registered family child care provider in Maryland and work at least 10 hours per week
- Fulfill entrance requirements at the participating college of your choice
- Have at least one year of documented experience working with groups of children in an approved setting
- Maintain employment in child care in Maryland while participating in the Program
- Participate in professional development
- Agree to complete the child care service requirement in Maryland for at least 10 hours per week after completion of the degree
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA from the point of first entering the Program
Fund recipients are required to complete the Service Commitment as stated in COMAR 13A.14.09.08. Upon acceptance of the Fund, the recipient commits continuing employment at least 10 hours per week as a provider in an approved child care facility for a period of time which is the shortest of:
(a) 1 month for each college credit successfully completed;
(b) 2 years for a completed associate degree; or
(c) 4 years for a completed bachelor's degree;
March 1st for new applicants and June 30th renewal
Apply or Register
Ready to apply?
Complete the form
Review the steps - read carefully
How to Apply
Contact the participating college of your choice using the list of Participating Colleges.
Once accepted into the college of your choice, apply for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). After applying for FASFA, meet with the CCCPDF Coordinator at the college in which you were accepted. The Coordinator must review for completion and sign the application checklist before the application is submitted to MSDE. Applications that have not been reviewed by the Coordinator will be returned.
Submit a completed CCCPDF application with the required documentation for processing by the Office of Child Care -- Credentialing Branch
What Happens After Submission
MSDE will review your application.
MSDE will approve or deny the submitted application. An incomplete application will be returned to your OneStop account.
Applicants are notified of approval or denial in their OneStop account.
After the school year is complete, you must upload documentation of successful completion to the OneStop account.