MHEC Academic Common Market Spring 2022
Open from to
Apply or Register
Ready to apply?
Complete the form
Review the steps - read carefully
You are required to have lived in MD for at least the last six months of 2020.
Check that your institution is in one of the following ACM-eligible states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Check that your program is currently on the ACM list of programs approved for Maryland students: https://home.sreb.org/acm/choosestate.aspx
If your program is not listed, then you have chosen a program that is not an ACM-approved program for Maryland students. Please visit the Maryland ACM webpage and follow the instructions listed for the access request process for a new academic program. If you fail to complete the request for access process, or if your request for access is denied, then you will not be eligible for the ACM. Per the SREB, please allow 8 - 12 weeks for processing a request for access to a new academic program.
Complete the Contact Page on the SREB website
Provide the student's complete contact information on the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) "Contact SREB" webpage found at http://home.sreb.org/acm/Email.aspx?state=21. Be sure to follow the instructions accurately and in its entirety, including the academic program information, as the student's information provided on this page will be used later by MHEC to complete their certification process. Note that you must still complete and submit the ACM application.
NOTE: You must be fully and unconditionally admitted into an academic program ACM-approved for Maryland students to complete this application.
- Copy of official university letter of admission (for new students) or program verification letter (matriculating students or change of major) on letterhead stating “full” admission to major and concentration (if applicable) NOTE: Provisional or conditional acceptance and certain "pre-majors" are not eligible for the ACM)
- Copy of student's motor vehicle operator’s license (or government issued identification)
- Both parents’ motor vehicle operator’s license (if student is under age 24)
- Copy of one (1) Maryland vehicle registration per household (parent’s if student is under age 24)
- Maryland tax return (Forms 502 and 502B; prior year only)
- Military Students: Copy of earnings statement and military orders signed by commander
Resources and Links
Good to know - Find helpful information
What Happens After Submission
You will need to complete the form on this site, which includes submitting a number of verification documents described on the first page of the application. NO mailed, faxed, or emailed applications or documents will be considered - only applications submitted online will be reviewed. Should additional documentation be required to complete the submitted application, then the application will be returned to the submitter as "Draft," and a notification from email@example.com will be sent to the submitter indicating the corrective action needed. The applicant may upload the required documentation to the application at that time. MHEC cannot proceed with the application process while the application is assigned to the applicant.
Please allow up to six weeks for processing. Please check your OneStop account frequently for updates or requests for missing documentation required to complete your application.
Form Issuer - Information
Who issues the Form?