Community Health Worker (CHW) Certification for Experienced CHWs Application
The deadline for individuals to submit an application for CHW certification based on experience was June 30, 2021.
Individuals may apply at any time for CHW certification based on the completion of accredited CHW certification training program. Please visit the website for CHW certification based on the completion of an accredited CHW certification training program for information on this pathway to CHW certification. This website includes a link to a list of accredited CHW training programs. Please note that this list is updated as new CHW training programs become accredited.
For assistance please contact the CHW Team at MDH.CHWApplications@
Apply or RegisterThis application is closed. Please contact the administrator if you have questions.
Complete the form
Resources and Links
Good to know - Find helpful information
- CHW website for certification based on the completion of an accredited CHW training program
- Flyer for CHW certification based on the completion of an accredited CHW training program
- Accredited CHW certification training programs
- Maryland Community Health Worker Core Competencies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annotated Code of Maryland, Health-General Article, Title 13, Subtitle 37 (The Maryland Community Health Worker Act)
Form Issuer - Information
Who issues the Form?