Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW) Certificate Renewal Application
Maryland Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW) Renewal Application
The CCHW certificate is effective for two (2) years from the date issued. The CCHW Renewal application may be submitted beginning 90 days before the certificate expiration date.
This application requires documentation of completion of 20 hours of a broad range of professional development activities that include a written explanation of acquired knowledge and/or skill application of duties.
Certified CHWs may begin a Renewal Application by:
- Logging into their Maryland OneStop account
- Clicking on My Dashboard
- Scrolling to their CHW Record at the bottom of the page under My Licenses, Permits and Registrations
- Clicking on their certification number
- Clicking on the green Action button in the top right corner.
- Click on "Renew CHW Certification"
Note: An individual may apply for the reinstatement of an expired CHW certificate by submitting a complete CHW Renewal application up to two (2) years after the certificate expiration date.
On or prior to CHW certificate expiration date.
Apply or Register
Ready to apply?
Complete the form
Review the steps - read carefully
*Important* Visit the Maryland Department of Health Community Health Worker Certification website prior to beginning the application, for full application instructions, information, and to download the Professional Development Tracking Sheet.
For additional information on Community Health Worker Certificate Renewal in English, visit: https://health.maryland.gov/pophealth/Community-Health-Workers/Pages/CCHW-Certificate-Renewal.aspx
Para más información sobre la renovación del Certifcado de Promotor(a) de Salud en español, visite: https://health.maryland.gov/pophealth/Community-Health-Workers/Pages/CCHW-Certificate-Renewal-Spanish.aspx
CCHWs may begin a Certificate Renewal Application at any time. You may manually enter Professional Development information and/or upload Professional Development Tracking Sheet(s) to your application.
The Certificate Renewal Application and uploaded documents will remain in Draft mode until the application is submitted.
Submit the Certificate Renewal Application with the required documentation beginning 90 days before the certificate expiration date. Please allow 30 days for processing time for the issuance of a renewed CHW certificate.
The "Submit" button will appear, but will not be activated until 90 days before your CHW certificate expiration date.
Certificate expiration dates are listed on the certificate and may be found on the CHW website at: https://pophealth.health.maryland.gov/Community-Health-Workers/Pages/Verify-A-Certificate.aspx
For the best online application experience, please use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari as your web browser. You may experience issues using Internet Explorer.
Resources and Links
Good to know - Find helpful information
- Maryland Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW) Certificate Renewal Webpage
- Maryland CCHW Certificate Renewal Webpage - Spanish
- Maryland Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW) Certificate Expiration and Renewal Manual
- Maryland Certified Community Health Worker Professional Development Tracking Sheet
- Maryland Community Health Worker Core Competencies
- Annotated Code of Maryland, Health-General Article, Title 13, Subtitle 37, The Maryland Community Health Worker Act
- COMAR 10.68.01
Form Issuer - Information
Who issues the Form?