Statewide License Detail
365 Day Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fishing License
License required for individuals to fish in tidal waters of the state. Maryland residents pay the minimum fee, nonresidents pay the maximum fee.
Anglers fishing in the Atlantic Ocean, Coastal Bays, Chesapeake Bay or tidal tributaries must obtain this license or the 7-Day Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fishing License UNLESS one of the following applies:
1) You are under 16 years of age
2) You are fishing from a licensed charter boat or from a licensed commercial fishing pier
3) You are fishing on a free fishing day (the first two Saturdays in June and July 4th)
4) You possess a valid commercial tidal fish license
5) You possess a Potomac River Fisheries Commission recreational fishing license (free registration required)
6) You possess a Virginia Saltwater fishing license (free registration required)
7) You are a resident of Maryland, on active duty with the Armed Forces, on leave with your official orders
8) You fish in an area designated by the Department of Natural Resources as a license-free fishing area (free registration required)
9) You are fishing from a boat displaying a Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fishing Boat License, OR
10) You are an owner or tenant, their spouse, child or the spouse of their child residing on the property and fishing from the property's shoreline.